Chandigarh is an Indian Union Territory and capital city of both Punjab and Haryana. The town is at the base of the Shivalik mountain range, a spectacular series of mountains that makes up the Himalayas. Some of the spots are worth visiting and makes them Best Places to visit in Chandigarh for their fun, beauty the and structure.
Chandigarh was the first well-planned city in India following independence. The city is popular for being masterfully designed with outstanding architecture and infrastructure. Which is wholly unique from the other Indian cities and is notably highly structured compared to the rest of India.
Due to its excellent urban design and low crime rate, the city continues to be a top tourist destination. It provides a home away from home for the majority of international visitors visiting India. Here are some of the Best Places to visit in Chandigarh:
Also Read:- Amritsar’s Golden Temple – The Comprehensive Guidebook Amritsar
1. Zakir Hussain Rose Garden
- Created to honour former Indian President Zakir Hussain, the rose garden is on 30 acres of land, exquisitely scented and filled with roses.
- The stunning architecture at Zakir Hussain Garden enhances the beauty of the flowers.
- This garden’s roughly 1500 different rose species placed here are among its most distinctive features.
- Visiting this garden is terrific if you’re on your honeymoon and stopping in Chandigarh as part of your Himachal honeymoon package.
Zakir Hussain Garden may be a great romantic destination if you and your partner want to spend some time together. One of the most incredible and Best Places to visit in Chandigarh is to visit this garden if you’re travelling with family and want to spend the day together.
2. Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary
- Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected wildlife sanctuary situated in the foothills of the Shivalik range near Chandigarh, 2 km from Sukhna Lake and 5.5 km from Chandigarh Bus Station.
- It is a well-known Chandigarh wildlife sanctuary and one of the greatest locations to enjoy Chandigarh tourism.
- Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary was set in 1998 and covers 2,600 hectares. It is part of the Sukhna Lake Basin in the Shivalik Hills.
The Sukhna Wildlife Sanctuary catchment area includes 150 large and small bodies of water in addition to Sukhna Lake. These waters are a haven for migratory birds as well as native birds.
3. Rock Garden
- The sculpture park that goes by that name is close to Sukhna Lake. In honor of its originator, Nek Chand, the Rock Garden is often referred to as Nek Chand’s Rock Garden.
- Former government employee Nek Chand began tending to this garden covertly in his leisure time.
- He kept it a secret from the government until 1975, a period of 18 years.
The park has a series of interconnected dams leading to the Sukhna Lake waterfalls, adorned with pottery and sculptures of dancers, animals, and musicians.
4. Topiary Garden
- Topiary Park is in Chandigarh’s Sector 35, 3 kilometers from the Chandigarh Bus Station. Chandigarh’s most well-known parks are also one of the city’s top tourist attractions.
- The Topiary Park opened its doors in 1987. This park is primarily intended to provide pleasure and delight for kids.
- The plants from the creeper and shrub family have been oddly formed into a variety of creatures, including elephants, bears, and other animals, which is quite amusing to kids.
The park’s beauty is all because of the diverse collection of ornamental and other decorative plants. The park’s expansive area and rich vegetation give off an amazing image to everyone who sees it.
5. Butterfly Garden
- Butterfly Garden is a well-known park located in front of the main gate of Chandigarh College of Engineering and Technology in sector 26 of Chandigarh, 4.5 kilometers from the Chandigarh Bus Station.
- It is among the top attractions in Chandigarh.
- 7 acres make up Butterfly Park, which features lovely landscaping. A nice habitat for butterflies with special consideration and thought process.
- Around 35 different kinds of butterflies call the park home, which is well-kept and adds color to the area.
Among these, Angled Castor, Ape Fly, Blue Mormon, Common Grass Yellow, Common Blue Bottle, Chocolate Pansy, and Commander are a few of the more notable ones. There are quiet areas designed for adorable little critters so they won’t get startled while they stroll along natural routes.
6. Sukhna Lake
- The Sukhna Lake in Chandigarh has an area of around 3 kilometers, and many migrating birds stop there on their way south.
- The crane and the Siberian duck are two common bird species that you might see. If you love birds or are a photographer, you should go there.
- The majority of amorous couples visiting this location probably go to Sukhna Lake.
- You may simply modify any of your Himachal honeymoon packages to include Sukhna Lake in your itinerary if you are a couple traveling through Chandigarh on your route to Himachal.
This Lake is Among the most popular and Best Places to visit in Chandigarh. You may partake in any of the activities offered at Sukhna Lake, whether you’re traveling with a group of friends, your family, or even by yourself. Water skiing, fishing, and boating are a few of the tourist activities offered here.
Also Read:- 10 Best Places to Visit in Maharashtra In Summertime 2022 That Are Suitable For Everyone
7. Le Corbusier Center
- Le Corbusier Centre is a historical structure situated in Chandigarh’s Sector 19 and is about 3.5 kilometers from the Chandigarh Bus Station.
- It is an important historical site worth seeing in Chandigarh.
- The Chandigarh Administration established the Le Corbusier Center at the former Sector 19 location of the city’s architect.
- The French-Swiss architect used the office to plan the city over 60 years ago.
For visitors and future generations to become familiar with the city’s rich cultural history, the Center presents and exhibits Le Corbusier’s life and works. The Center’s primary objectives would be preserving, interpreting, studying, and presenting Le Corbusier’s works and legacy.
8. The Terraced Garden
- The Terraced Garden, a well-kept botanical garden amid the foothills of the Himalayan Shivalik Range, out across an area of 10 acres, makes for the ideal picnic location.
- The Garden opened in 1979 and is best visited in the evening to take advantage of the calming atmosphere and fresh wind.
9. Japanese Garden
- Japanese Garden, which was set in 2014, has just become a part of the list of Chandigarh’s top attractions.
- The goal of the garden’s construction was to represent Japanese culture.
- Many different kinds of flora are present in The Place, which has a 13-acre plot of ground.
The pagoda tower, meditation hut, Buddha sculptures, Zen garden, and a tiny pond with fictitious crocodiles are a few of its main draws.
10. 17 Sector Market
- The most dynamic and young-populated part of Chandigarh is the 17 Sector. Due to the variety of shopping and dining options, it is an excellent place to go shopping.
- Due to the youthful spirit of all the young people wandering around, this market is regarded as a must-visit location when visiting Chandigarh.
- Despite being a metropolis, there are still a lot of stores where you can buy crafts, souvenirs, and handmade items.
- There are many different cuisines and flavors that someone searching for a culinary experience can sample.
One of the greatest spots to visit in Chandigarh with your friends and family is Sector 17 Market, which is popular as the city’s center.
11. Elante Shopping mall
- Elante Mall is one of Chandigarh’s top shopping centers and among Best Places to visit in Chandigarh.
- Elante mall, one of Chandigarh’s most well-known retail destinations, is famous for its exceptional architecture.
- There are several shops and restaurants, and on one side, a five-star hotel.
- Being a large metropolis, Chandigarh is an excellent combination of a contemporary city and a popular tourist destination.
There have been more cultural activities and entertainment opportunities recently. Chandigarh is now a fantastic area for young people to spend their leisure time as a result.
Chandigarh is home to numerous breathtaking locations, but the ones listed here are among the best. If you plan a trip to Chandigarh, look up any current festivals and cultural events online.
Chandigarh attracts people of all ages to participate in these activities at specific seasons of the year and during specific occasions.
Also Read:- Read The 7 Best Places to Visit in Goa With Friends to Enjoy Good Times and Tan Lines